The following rates are applicable for regular service work. Quotes are available for certain jobs if requested in advance. If overtime services are provided, it will be billed at 1½ times the regular billing rate and double time for Sundays and holidays.
Please note there is a $400 minimum charge for any haul out.
|$12/foot||65′ and over|
|Wheel Change (single)||time/materials|
|Wheel Change (double)||time/materials|
|Wheel Change (36″+)||time/materials|
After Hours and Emergency Services
|Haul/Launch||$15 / foot||*Haul out, blocking and launches performed outside of normal working hours will be billed at an additional labor charge for the operator(s) based on a $78 p/hour p/man labor rate.|
|Up to 30 amp cord||$10/day||per cord|
|50 amp cord||$15/day||per cord|
|100 amp cord||$25/day||per cord|
|Battery||variable||pricing available upon request|
|Holding tank pump out||variable||pricing available upon request|
|Other Hazmat Waste||variable||pricing available upon request|
Bayliss Boatworks is a Clean Marina as recognized by the state of North Carolina. Waste must be in a properly labeled container and deposited at a wasted site. Improper disposal of waste by a customer will result in an environmental assessment by the state and possible penalties at the customer’s expense. No charge for household trash disposal if placed in proper containers. All vessels that receive service work are subject to an Environmental Fee of 1.5% with a cap of $350
Vessel Storage Rates
There is no charge for vessel storage on boats under active service/repair by Bayliss Boatworks. Vessels remaining at our facility longer that 48 hours after work is complete will be billed at regular dockage storage rates until departure.
|Wet/Dry Storage for service||NO CHARGE|
|Wet/Dry Storage||$1/foot||per day|
|Paint Shed||$450/day||limited availability|
|Wireless Internet||complimentary||see yard office for access key|
All bait and perishable items MUST BE REMOVED from the vessel prior to storage and/or service. Bayliss Boatworks IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for bait and perishable items that spoil due to temporary or permanent loss of power. Bayliss Boatworks is not responsible for routine maintenance checks on stored vessels unless arrangements are made with the yard manager (examples: interior flooding, mildew, freezing protection). If requested this service can be performed by Bayliss Boatworks on a scheduled basis. Estimates are available upon request.
Special Yard Equipment Available
Yard service equipment will be operated by Bayliss employees only and labor hourly rates will apply.
|Paint Shed Storage||$450||daily|
|100-ton Hydraulic Trailer||Price upon request|
|Scissor Lift||$50 / $200||per use / daily|
|Small / Large Forklift||$75 / $150||per use / daily|
|Bucket / Crane Truck||$100 / $200||hour / day|
|Cooling Tower(setup/takedown)||$250 setup/takedown fee|
Subcontractors / Independent Contractors
All subcontractors are REQUIRED to provide proof of General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance and must report to the Yard Manager or Service Writer PRIOR to performing work on the yard. There may be an additional 15% charge for outside contractors who are paid by the vessel’s owner. NO LIFTS OR CRANES are allowed on Bayliss Boatworks property without permission. A Clean-Up Fee may be assessed for work areas left unclean by sub and/or independent contractors. NO SAND-BLASTING, SPRAYING, or WELDING may be performed without permission from the Yard Manager.
Policies of Bayliss Boatworks, Inc.
- Normal hours of operation are Monday–Friday, 7:00am until 4:00pm.
- Bayliss Boatworks is not responsible for theft of items or any damages due to fire, wind or any acts of nature while a customer’s boat is on Bayliss Boatworks property. We encourage you to remove or lock/secure all items of value from your vessel. Please remove all Firearms from your vessel.
- All charges are due and payable prior to departure. Any boat that remains more than 2 weeks will be expected to make progress payments. All progress payments must be paid in full within 30 days of receiving invoice or a 1.5% interest charge will be applied to the full invoice amount per month.
- All customers must provide a completed customer information form including authorized contact name(s), phone number(s) and valid mailing address for billing.
- Bayliss Boatworks, Inc., employees and agents shall be held harmless for liability for any negligence or strict liability or any incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitations, damages based on lost use, lost charter, hire, lost profits, or inconvenience of any kind including without limitations, lost vacations, altered travel plans, air fare, and hotel accommodations, all of which are waived and disclaimed. I hereby authorize the repairs to be done along with necessary materials. You and your employees may operate the unit herein described for the purpose of testing, inspection or delivery. An express mechanics lien is acknowledged on the above unit to secure the amount of repairs thereto. Any dispute arising out of this vessel work authorization agreement or the application of any provisions thereof shall be submitted to an arbitrator or arbitrators (using the American Arbitration rule) not interested in the financial aspects of this authorization. The parties may agree on one arbitrator, or may select one each and these two shall select a third. It is mutually agreed that any such arbitration award shall be binding and at the same weight as legal adjudication of any differences between the parties. All arbitration must take place in Dare County, North Carolina. A Maritime Lien is hereby acknowledged against the above described vessel securing the amount of any charges for repairs, supplies, services or other necessaries set forth in Title 46 & 971 of the U.S. Code. In addition it is expressly agreed that notwithstanding any other remedy permitted by law that payment for work performed on this vessel may be used pursuant to the statutory lien laws of North Carolina. Owner, agent or master further agrees that said vessel owner shall be responsible for all cost of collection, including reasonable attorney’s fees and charged the maximum interest rate permitted by law on invoices past due 30 days or longer. As a health and safety precaution, customers and vendors are asked to limit smoking to authorized areas only. Smoking is not allowed in any buildings at any time.
- All outside subcontractors must show proof of no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence in Commercial General Liability. In addition, all subcontractors and independent contractors are required to carry Workers Compensation coverage and to provide proof of this prior to beginning work on the premises. Spill liability coverage should be included in the subcontractor’s insurance policy. Bayliss Boatworks reserves the right to charge outside contractors working through and being paid by owners, a 15% surcharge that will be charged to the owner’s bill. Bayliss Boatworks will not warranty any work performed by subcontractors that are subcontracted at the request of the owner or responsible party. All subcontractors must sign in each day with the Service Department.
- All boats brought to Bayliss Boatworks must have, and if requested, show proof of active liability insurance in place throughout their stay. All customers should have Yacht insurance in force at all times. Customers should carry no less than $1,000,000 in Protection & Indemnity (Watercraft Liability) coverage, which includes Pollution Liability, and names Bayliss Boatworks as an Additional Insured, where possible.
- Any boat entering Bayliss Boatworks for long term storage needs to have prior authorization regarding the duration of the boat’s stay. If the outstanding balance becomes 30 days past due, the storage rate will be doubled. If the boat is left longer than 60 days after the agreed term, the storage rate will be doubled. Payment is due the first of the month every month. Payment is due in full prior to the launch of the boat
- Authorized Bayliss Boatworks personnel only may perform spray painting, sandblasting, welding or relocation of jack stands. No sandblasting, spray painting or welding is allowed by owners or owner’s subcontractors without prior authorization from Bayliss Boatworks.
- All customers must sign a work order upon his/her arrival. All terms and conditions of that agreement shall be understood and followed. Work performed when estimated can cost less than or greater than the estimated cost. Work performed on a ‘not to exceed’ quote when stated in writing will not exceed the quoted price unless there is a change in scope of work requested and approved via a signed Change Order form. Estimates or quotes are not given unless requested by an authorized person. Bayliss Boatworks retains the right to refuse add-on items that may influence timely completion of your project or other yard work unless additional service days are authorized.
- All tools at Bayliss Boatworks are to be used by authorized individual only. No tools or equipment will be loaned to customers.
- Customers and their vendors are expected to help us maintain a safe and clean environment. If we determine that clean-up is necessary due to our customers or vendors, a cleanup charge will be assessed to that boat.
- Bayliss Boatworks has a strict no-discharge policy for the marina basin. Discharge of sewage is PROHIBITED. See Yard Manager for pump out instructions.
- All boats must have a contingency plan in place throughout hurricane season. Bayliss Boatworks cannot guarantee hauling or safe mooring for boats in the event of a hurricane.
- All rates as noted are subject to a 6.75% North Carolina Sales Tax and up to 2.0% on the total invoice for administrative and project management services. An Environmental Disposal fee of up to 2.0% may be charged to all vessels on the yard. Excessive waste and environmental problems will incur extra charges. Any customer that provides documentation for commercial tax exemption will not be charged sales tax.